Saturday, June 25, 2011

If Brian had participated... Cancer could be $30 closer to a cure.

Dear Friends,
Today I write you as a champion.
Also known as a 5k runner.
Like I said, champion.

This morning Sariah and I woke up with the earliest of early birds and headed to Garden City.
Aka- Bear Lake.
There we ran in what was our first 5k experience.
(Pause: Is that sad? I like to run. And I'm 24. And...I'd never done one before. Okay. Proceed.)
Here we are. Pre-race.
And in the free shirts that we got.
(Free for giving 30 dollars toward the cause of fighting cancer. Good deal.)

We also got free wrist bands.
That matched our shirts.
They say: There is NO limit to COURAGE.
Also, they have pictures of runners on them.

Here we are post-race. 
Those t-shirts were WAY too warm to be running in. 
Period. 
Also- There was a hill. 
A hill. 
I was not expecting that.
Also- We are attractive. (Not that I needed to point that out. You have the proof before you.) 

Then we went and parked. At the park.
And did the board walk.
And sat on a table on the beach.
(Or what beach is left.)
And it was lovely.
We just sat and relaxed.

And... Here we are at the beach.
Don't I look hardcore?
Yeah. Or something.
Right.
And Sariah is a babe. As always.

In Summary:
This was a most pleasurable experience.
Many more 5k thrills are in my future.
I plan on making this a tradition, in fact.
(I do love traditions.)

In the future...
-I will not wear the free shirt when I run.
-I will not allow the man in the clown wig to pass me. Ever. Again.
-I will be in better health.
-I will enter more raffle tickets. And win every prize.
-I will not eat an entire Turkey Avocado Sandwich from Le Beau's. Race or no race.
(Word to the wise: I was imagining a small sandwich. Um. No.
They are quite large.)
-I will probably not pay $3 for a cd that ended up only have 3 songs on it.

Seriously though- It was so much fun!
Next year, people. Be there.



1 comment:

Jerome said...

:P, Like I said, then cancer would be cured and there would be no race to run next year. . . I was just being selfless.